Some people would do anything for attention on social media, even if they put their lives in danger. For example, some YouTube’s uploaders are just insane, and they risk their lives to have some attention and views just like this young man Jay Swingler from the UK, who cemented his head inside a microwave. This 22-year-old Jay certainly got the attention he wanted, but he gone too far. His friends were forced to call emergency services after they couldn’t free Jay for an hour and a half.

 

 

This project was filmed for TGFBro (YouTube channel) in a garage in Wolverhampton. After he wrapped his head in a plastic bag, he stuck it in a microwave oven and his friends filled the microwave with seven bags of Polyfilla, which is a spackling paste that is used to fill cracks. Jay was able to breathe through an air tube that was inserted into the microwave, but that spackling paste made the air harder to get through. When the things gone seriously bad, his friends called the emergency services, but the ambulance crew was unable to free him, so a fire brigade was summoned.

 

 

After their arrival, it took an hour to free Jay. The commander who runs the West Midlands Fire Service crew named Shaun Dakin said that this project could have ended very bad with serious injury. It was a tricky rescue operation. “As funny as this sounds, this young man could quite easily have suffocated or have been seriously injured. Taking the microwave apart was tricky, because a lot of it was welded. We video-called our technical rescue colleagues for advice and eventually managed to get him unstuck…It took us nearly an hour to free him,” Dakin said.

 

 

Of course, Jay Swingler was criticized, because he wasted the time of the fire brigade and ambulance crew, but he doesn’t think that he owes any apologies. “I don’t care, what about people who drink and drive? What about people who start fights on the street of the night? Is that not wasting police time as well? And in fact, I wasn’t wasting their time, they saved my life,” he said. Despite his insanity, he expressed his gratitude to those who rescued him.

 

“I appreciate every effort you went to free me from that thing, you don’t know how grateful I am. I was so scared, you comforted me, you made me feel so much less stressed. You guys are awesome at your job, and so were the paramedics. I appreciate you guys a lot.” He craved for attention and he got it! Jay even responded in a video why he did it and he thinks his project was more interesting than a post from a usual website.

 

“I couldn’t give a f-, I don’t care about defending myself. I think this s**t’s hilarious, man. This s**t is jokes, like. I had a damn microwave stuck to my head. Do you know how many people are going to remember that in comparison to that news article that said, ‘man stole toy from a shop, gets a fine’? I’m pretty sure this story’s more interesting than your everyday read on another website, which is why you’re all clicking it and reacting so much, because it’s so f**king bizarre. Literally every news publication has covered this, like your mum covers her acne with concealer,” the YouTuber said in the first video released since the prank.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More from

Entertainment

More from

travel

More from

style

More from

life

More from

Food